Saturday 15 September 2012

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh, how much I loved this book. There really are not words to describe the way this book made me feel. It was pretty much amazing.

Hazel and Augustus…what do you say about them? They are fictional characters, but they are amazingly well penned out fictional characters. I loved Hazel. She was strong and funny and sarcastic. I really enjoyed being inside her head. She was so young but seemed so old, trying to just get through to the end without causing too much trouble. Augustus was the opposite. He was trying not to be forgotten. I loved his character, his jokes, his way of looking at life.

You know going it that this book is going to be a tear-jerker, and even though you've prepared yourself for it, it still hits you like you were living it…like you were living with them. The characters were amazingly life-like. You can't help falling in love with them, feeling joy and happiness for them, feeling pain and sadness for them. I loved that the author was able to put so much depth and feeling into his book and open the reader's eyes to the ups and downs of other people's lives. Is this book really realistic? I have no clue. But to me, it was close enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment