Saturday 30 November 2013

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was so anxious to read this book because of all the hype surrounding it. I get people don't like how it ended, but I thought it was pretty good still. Personally, I have no problem with the ending, even if it is not what I was expecting. This book was a lot slower than the first two – not nearly the action and a lot more time spent explaining things – though it had its good points as well.

I actually went into this thinking I was going to be disappointed with the explanations given, but I wasn't. There was a lot of conflict even inside those explanations – and as vague as that is I can't say more without giving away too much. I think the thing I liked the best about the book, and really the whole story overall, is that there was no clear-cut black and white right or wrong. There was no real antagonist – yes there were bad people making bad choices, but they thought their choices were the right ones for the right reasons. So what it comes down to is when all you have is bad options, pick the ones you can live with.

Though this was my least favorite book of the three, I did enjoy the series overall and am glad it ended when it did.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment