The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (Sleeping Beauty, #1)The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I am a fairly new fan of dark erotica. I knew going into this story that it was not going to be a fun and fluffy fairytale, but it still sounded interesting to me. It was not bad, but just okay in my opinion.

I think the biggest struggle for me was that the story never really went anywhere. There seemed to be no main objective other than the prince rescuing the princess, which happened in the first chapter. Other than that it was quite repetitive. Additionally, the characters were very one dimensional. The way the story was written there was no real chance to get into their heads, to get to know them. For me, that is what makes the story. Overall, the story just did not catch my interest and I do not wish to read the rest of the series.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller