Tuesday 21 April 2015

Q & A with T.B. Markinson

Claudia Must Die
by T.B. Markinson


Claudia doesn’t feel like herself anymore—she feels like prey. Her husband’s hired goons have stalked her all the way to Boston and will only stop their pursuit once she is dead.

Divorce is not an option. Instead, she has stolen a bunch of her man’s money to disappear into another life.

In order for Claudia to live, someone else must die. A lookalike college student becomes the target capable of freeing her from an awful marriage.

The plan goes horribly awry. Instead of murdering Claudia’s double, the assassins shoot the woman’s lover who is the cousin of a powerful Irish mobster. Claudia becomes hunted by all involved. Can she survive? Should she?

Kindle Edition, 126 pages
Published December 8th 2014 by T. B. Markinson



Find it on:  Goodreads        Amazon
Read It & Reap:  April 21, 2015


T. B. Markinson is an American writer, living in England. When she isn't writing, she’s traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in England, or taking the dog for a walk. Not necessarily in that order. She has published four novels: A WOMAN LOST, A WOMAN IGNORED, MARIONETTE, CONFESSIONS FROM A COFFEE SHOP, and CLAUDIA MUST DIE.

Website: http://tbmarkinson.wordpress.com/
Twitter: 50YearProject
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6182031-t-b-markinson


 


Q & A with T.B. Markinson

Q:  Tell us a little bit about your main characters.

Parker is a student, who is brilliant, and yet, totally clueless about everything around her. She doesn’t have friends or family and that’s why Claudia thinks she’ll be the perfect target. That is until Francis enters the scene. He’s the cousin of Parker’s girlfriend, and he’s well connected in South Boston. Let’s just say, I wouldn’t mess with him. And then there’s Claudia who will do almost anything to stay alive. When all three of them collide, it gets a bit crazy.

Q:  In your opinion, what makes a good, strong female character?
In one word: honesty. That doesn’t mean the character has to be honest. It means as an author I’m honest in my portrayal. For me, the best characters, male and female, are flawed characters, who are mostly good, but not entirely.

Q:  Who designs the covers for your books and what is that process like for you as an author?

I’ve worked with a few designers, but recently I discovered Erin Dameron-Hill / EDHGraphics. She is currently re-designing Claudia Must Die and I’m super excited to release it soon. For me the process is easy since I just have to tell her enough information to give her a sense of the mood of the book, the types of characters, the settings, and such. I’m clueless when it comes to the design aspect and I know that, so I stay out of it as much as possible. I’m always amazed when I see what designers come up with. Such a talent.

Q:  Describe your ideal writing spot.
Hmmm…I would love to have a beach house so I could listen to the waves crashing as I write. Currently, I write in my London flat and I hear street noise all day. In my head, though, it’s the beach.

Q:  What is the best advice you have been given?
I’ve been given a lot of advice, but the best is quite simple. Never give up.

Q:  Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks?
I used to prefer paperbacks. I love opening them for the first time and hearing the spine crack. Lately, I prefer my Kindle. I’m getting older and it’s so nice to be able to enlarge the font and to adjust the light of the screen. I can read for longer hours without straining my eyes. And when I get into a book, I don’t like setting it aside.

Q:  If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?
The power to heal. Too many in this world suffer.

Q:  What book are you reading now?
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I’m about halfway and I’m loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment