Q & A with Angela McPherson

Distraction (Distraction #1)
by Angela McPherson


Aside from the normal changes in her life, college junior Elle Richards can always count on her friendship with Tristan. The longing for him to love her back is something she keeps well hidden, even from herself. No matter how many miles apart they are, regular phone calls and texts keep them close...until the day everything changes. Wide Receiver Tristan Daniels has a good thing going. Much to his, and every single woman's surprise, he's in a committed relationship. The possibility of going pro looks more than promising...until his spur of the moment transfer to a rival college is approved. Now, Tristan will be forced to be in the presence of the woman he's secretly loved for as long as he can remember. Elle. Being away from one another was enough to keep Tristan and Elle distracted, but angst, confusion, and troubled secrets launch them into a breathless, heart pumping story you won't want to miss! Recommended for mature audiences 18+



Paperback, 320 pages
Published August 15th 2014 by Untold Press, LLC


Find it on Goodreads
Amazon       Barnes & Noble

Read It & Reap: May 14, 2015



Born and currently residing in Midland, Texas, Angela shuffles three busy children (not including her husband) all over the place. She works in a busy pediatric doctor's office as a nurse during the day, and writes at night. She is addicted to coffee–who isn’t? And firmly believes chocolate can fix all–especially chocolate ice cream. She laughs a lot, often at herself and is willing to try anything once (she thinks). When Angela isn’t rushing kids around, working or writing, she’s reading. Other than life experience, Angela turns to a wide variety of music to help spark her creative juices. She loves to dance and sing, though her kids often beg her not to.

Website: http://www.angelamcphersonblog.wordpress.com
Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7074174.Angela_McPherson
Twitter: abt3mcpherson


Q & A with Angela McPherson

Q:  Tell us a little bit about your main characters. 

Gosh, this is such a tough question. Okay, Tristan has always been a ladies man, and smart ass extraordinaire, but he’s also a super sweet guy. Hard to imagine after listing those qualities, but he’s loyal and would do anything for a friend. Especially, Elle…
Elle is super sweet and would bend over backward to help anyone out, but sometimes to a fault. She’s unsure about life, in general, but learns to trust herself and becomes a stronger person in the end.

Q:  In your opinion, what makes a good, strong female character?
One who makes mistakes but doesn’t let them define who she is or wants to be. Shows compassion, and can kick ass and takes names, too, of course.

Q: 
Who designs the covers for your books and what is that process like for you as an author?
My publisher… I believe they use Beastie Books Graphic Designs :D Because I work with a super awesome small press, they allow me to give feedback! Pretty great and I love being part of the final decision making process.


Q:  Describe your ideal writing spot.
Any place I can focus. With three busy kids, finding a quiet place can be hard. I usually end up in my office while one of my kids keep me company.


Q:  What is the best advice you have been given?
Never stop. Keep going. If you get stuck, take a breather then go at it again. Don’t worry what anyone else says. Your’e awesome. Just write, edit later. <—my new mantra)


Q:  Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks?

I LOVE hardbacks, but the price sucks. Ebooks are the bomb and a great way to save money. I usually stick with my Kindle.

Q: 
If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?
I (spoiler alert) recently gave one of my characters the ability to wield fire, so I’ll go with that. Why? I’d never worry about being cold again. LOL


Q:  What book are you reading now?
I’m reading a few books… I’m savoring Every Single Page of Opposition by Jennifer Armentrout. Basically I’m not ready to let the series end. Gods of Anthem by Logan Keys, Sublime Wreckage by Charlene Zapata, and The Cursed by Laura Thalassa. (that’s a lot, I know)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller