Thursday 21 January 2016

Q & A with Danielle Fisher

A Bit Witchy
by Danielle Fisher 

Eighteen year old Lena Ashlen is in the middle of an identity crisis, and the people in her life aren’t helping. Half of her school thinks she’s crazy while the other half has no idea she even exists. Her father and stepmother barely see her through the bottom of their wine glasses, and her only friends are guardian angels who are terrible cheats when it comes to poker. The only constants in her life are her obsessive crushes on both chocolate and Glenn Storm. In between losing her bra, her pride, and her best friend, Lena has no idea how she’ll survive her senior year.

When guardian angels begin disappearing and everyone thinks she’s to blame, Lena becomes trapped in a case of mistaken identity. But when Glenn and his chaotic family offer to help her find out the truth, she’s forced to ask herself whether she’s the one who’s mistaken. In between the lies and secrets of a past life gone bad, Lena soon learns that if she’s ever going to prove they have the wrong girl, she’s going to need to find the bit of witchiness inside us all. 

Paperback, 268 pages
Published September 14th 2015 by Createspace

Find it on Goodreads
Amazon   Barnes & Noble

Read It & Reap:  June 21, 2016  

Danielle is a writer, a reader, and a lover of everything covered in cheese. When she’s not adding books to her “Want to Read” list on Goodreads, she’s trying to corral her three daughters into a semi-normal life in Bel Air, Maryland. She shares this insanity with her incredibly patient husband, her favorite black, golden retriever, an occasional snake, mouse, and a family of squirrels. The latter 3 live in the attic, but she counts them anyway.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14171030.Danielle_Fisher
Website: http://danielle-fisher.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuthorDFisher
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanielleFisherAuthor/


                           Q & A with Danielle Fisher

1. Tell us a little bit about your main characters.
Catlena Ashlen is like many characters her age except for one small difference. She can see guardian angels. Not only can she see them, but they’re the only friends she has since her best friend betrayed her last year. She spends her days hiding behind snark, using it as both a shield and a sword to protect her from the rumors and lies threatening to ruin her senior year of high school.

2. Who designs the covers for your books and what is that process like for you as an author?
Before I even finished the first draft of A Bit Witchy, I knew I wanted to work with Sarah Hensen from Okay Creations. Every time I fell in love with someone else’s cover, Okay Creations was always listed as the designer. As for the process, it was fantastic. Not only is Sarah a genius, but she turns the simplest stock photograph into something incredible. We worked together to find a picture that we felt represented the story, and Sarah waved her magic wand and made it into something beautiful.

3. Describe your ideal writing spot.
Ideally, I’d be sitting on a deserted island with a tray of cheese and crackers and a chocolate martini for companionship. My desk would face the ocean and any time I got stuck on the plot, I’d swing in my hammock watching dolphins playing in the waves. Reality? I sit at a computer surrounded by permission slips, receipts, a Diet Dr. Pepper, and an empty box of Triscuits.

4. What is the best advice you have been given?
Read. And when you’re done reading, read more. It seems obvious enough, but I’m always surprised by authors who don’t enjoy reading. I look at the unpublished work I’ve done before my reading habit became an obsession and it’s amazing the difference. Not only do I love disappearing into the minds and imaginations of countless authors, but I love meeting new book boyfriends, traipsing through story lines, or swooning over sexy scenes. I then take my personal experiences with these stories and build my own characters and worlds, hoping to introduce someone to a new book boyfriend or story line that helps them escape reality for a bit.

5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to a writer. Whether I was writing horrible poetry, strange screen plays, or painful short stories, my mother would read through everything I wrote as if it was the best piece of literature on earth. I loved the feeling of creating something from nothing and I loved the smile that graced my beautiful mother’s face every time she finished reading that creation.

6. Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks?
Gulp…I always swore to pledge allegiance to hard/paperbacks. Then carpal tunnel and the geniuses of the world drew me into the world of e-readers and I became a convert. Since I tend to read a book or two a day, I love the option of being able to start a series and immediately purchase the next book in the series. I have an impulse control problem and that darn “One Click” sucks me in every time.

7. If you could have any supernatural power, what would you choose and why?
I would love to heal. It sounds cheesy, but I’m a very emotional person. Sometimes I think there’s something wrong with me (alright, I often think there’s something wrong with me), but I sometimes feel like I take on the emotions of everyone around me. I just wish I could help heal whatever ails them, whether it’s physical or mental, so that they walk away lighter than they were seconds before.

8. What book are you reading now?
At 1:17 this morning, I finished Carter and Leah by R. J. Lewis. Powerful and beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment